Saturday 16 October 2010

Hottie Massage Bar




On the third week of Christmas LUSH limited gave to me......
3 Hottie massage bars
2 Halloween specials
and a Snow Fairy lip and cheek tint


Hottie
Price: £4.95/90g
Product category: Massage Bar
Contains: Cocoa butter softens, nourishes, moisturises and conditions the skin leaving it supple and smooth; Shea butter is gentle on the skin leaving it soft, supple and moisturised and improves skin texture and appearance ; Organic jojoba oil deeply moisturises and softens the skin; Ginger oil relaxes aching muscles, relieves aching joints and stimulates circulation; Vanilla absolute for its cosy/comforting scent and also its moisturising properties; Black pepper oil is warming, improves circulation and relieves aching muscles.
How to use:
As a massage bar: warm the product up in the palm of your hands, then apply liberally to the area you are massaging using your hands or the bar to work the beautiful oils deeply into the skin and muscles.
As an all over body moisturiser: warm the product as above, apply all over the body using your hands to work the product into the skin. TIP: Best to use in this way at night as it is quite greasy. You’ll wake up with beautifully moisturised, silky soft and supple skin, and best of all your pj’s and bed sheets will smell fabulous,
Other interesting facts:
·         Black pepper is known as natural pain reliever and also combats mental fatigue.
·         Ginger oils is thought to have anti inflammatory properties and is used by aroma therapists in treating rheumatoid arthritis and headaches.
Verdict:
It’s definitely getting colder here in the North West of England! So imagine my delight when LUSH released this new massage bar Hottie. Its sensual blend of vanilla, ginger and black pepper is sexy, warming and comforting (I’m hoping for more products with the same beautiful scent). Its careful blend of ingredients work wonders by releasing tension, easing aching muscles while stimulating circulation. The little knobbly bits (just like the retro massage bar Bewitched) enhance its effects, allowing you to massage the beautiful oils deeply into the muscles and skin.
Admittedly I’ve only tried this to massage my arms and legs as I still have to careful with my back, though it definitely eased my aches and pains and improved the circulation in my legs. Whether it’s the blend of ingredients or the action of massaging, it definitely has a warming effect too. Hottie has quite a low melting temperature, so it glides very easily on the skin (making it easier to work with) and leaves a generous layer of beautiful oils on the skin.  
It also makes a great intensive body moisturiser due to its blend of cocoa and shea butters with jojoba oil. Though if you’re using it in this way I’d recommend doing at night as it’s quite greasy. You’ll wake up with beautifully soft, supple and moisturised skin and your pj’s and bed sheets will smell beautifully dreamy. It’s going to be a blessing for post Christmas shopping aching arms and legs!  Hottie is currently my new favourite massage bar, so grab yourself one for a truly comforting experience, you won’t be disappointed.


4 comments:

  1. I bought a hottie today after reading your review excited about trying it out later x

    ReplyDelete
  2. If this is your new fave then I have to get one, you and I seem to have such similar tastes in Lush I am bound to love it.
    Might wait till I have got through some of the Massage bars I already have though lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Queenbee oooh lovely let me know how you get on with it :)

    @Kerry i'm sure your going to LOVE it :)I have sooo many massage bars, but i couldnt resist hottie hehe x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I asked for a sample of Hottie after your review, I love it, it smells very similar to Into Thin Air MB (currently my favorite)
    I will defenetly be buying a full sized Hottie.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails