Friday 1 October 2010

Snow Fairy Lip Tint




On the first week of Christmas LUSH limited gave to me......

A Snow Fairy lip and cheek tint
Price: £4.64/10g
Product category: Lip/cheek tint- Christmas ltd edition.
Contains: Extra virgin coconut oil for its moisturising and softening properties; Japan wax and Shea butter (emollient/softening); Carnauba wax prevents moisture loss/protects lips; Cupuacu butter nourishes and moisturises; Murumuru butter (protective/soothing properties); Glycerine provides a protective barrier;  Dried raspberries for colour and sweetness; Sherbet and Icing sugar for sweetness and texture.
How to use:
Step 1 (optional): Apply Bubblegum Lip Scrub (£4.50/25g) to the lips to gently exfoliate. This product gently scrubs away dead skin (with castor sugar), while smoothing and moisturising the lips (with jojoba oil). It has the same scent/flavour as Snow Fairy so goes great with this product, leaving your lips kissably soft.

Step 2: Apply tint to lips building up layers for a stronger effect. Apply clear gloss if desired (no gloss in pictures).








Step 3: For a subtle pinched cheek glow apply tint to cheek area blending well.

Verdict: Admittedly I very rarely where colour on my lips, and when I do it’s usually a slick of gloss or LUSH’s It Started with a Kiss lip tint. Although I’m not a girly girl (pink fluffy marshmallows), I can’t help but love this frosted pink tint. The more you apply the stronger the candy pink colour. It looks great with and coat of gloss over it, simply lined eyes and lashings of black mascara (great for those xmas parties); or eau natural with just a slick of mascara for those Christmas shopping trips. I love the way it looks on the cheeks too, though just a tip, it doesn’t blend well if you’re wearing powder foundation. Though it doesn’t show up great on the pictures it gives you a lovely pinched cheek glow.
All the lovely ingredients leave the lips feeling protected and moisturised (great for those cold winter days). The best thing of all it leaves your lips smelling and tasting deliciously sweet, with its typically Snow Fairy scent/flavour. The only down side is that it’s not very long lasting and comes off/transfers easily, so you do need to reapply quite regularly. Though not much of a negative, as it’s so easy to apply and such a joy to wear. If you or someone else can refrain from licking/kissing it off deserve a medal! So for a deliciously frosted pink pout, and pinched cheek look, pop on this candy flavoured balm.

On the seccond week of Christmas LUSH limited gave to me....tune in next week to find out ;)

11 comments:

  1. AWESOME!!

    can't wait for the next review!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm, I used mine for the first time this morning and love it! I find it much more moisturising than It Started With a Kiss, which I find I have to use paired with another lip balm.

    Loving your reviews, Sarah - I followed a link from Facebook somewhere :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review! I don't like SF smell, but I think I'll give this one a go because I loooooved the color it gave to your lips! Exactly what I was looking for.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Alex the pics don't really show the full effect of the colour but give an idea! It's so pretty and while the SF shower gel isn't my cup of tea, this just has a subtle sweet scent when its on the lips and cheeks. It's alot more moisurising than the other tints too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please note i think the price is more expensive then i stated (i got it for £3.95 on the Form xmas party). I think it's going to be around the £4.50 mark??

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks amazing *want* love the how to guide as well x

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh Sarah, as my lips started to get really dried by the cold, so I think I'll order some SF lip tint! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I bought this one after reading your review (again:)
    I loooove it, must admit it looks better on you lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love lush Christmas! If you like, it would be lovely if you had a gander at my blog, filled with lush reviews!:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this stuff, I got it out in class last week and made the whole lab smell like snow fairy. I love how the more you rub it the more scent it gives off, and it slides so nicely onto the lips. :-) x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails