Wednesday 15 September 2010

LUSH review - Big

Review requested by Lindsay and Elodie
Big
Price: £9.90/ 330g
Product category:  Hair care – Semi solid shampoo.
Description: ‘For for more body than you thought possible’ (LUSH).  Big is one of LUSH’s semi solid shampoos. It is translucent in colour has a gel like texture with huge chunks of sea salt (50% sea salt to be precise). Big has a lovely fresh invigorating scent with a hint of citrus coming through.
The main ingredients are toothed wrack seaweed infusion (full of vitamins and minerals that strengthen and soften the hair); sea salt and sea water (volumizes while adding shine) and lime juice and fresh organic lemon infusion (deeply cleanse hair and add shine). Also contains extra virgin coconut oil; neroli oil; mandarin oil; vanilla absolute and orange blossom absolute.
This product is formulated especially for people who want to inject some volume and bounce into their lifeless hair.
How to use: Take a small amount of the product (a little goes a long way). Massage into the scalp and hair and rinse thoroughly.  
The verdict: The first point I have to make is that Big DOES strip colour. So if you colour your hair like me you need to be aware of that. Having said that, I love the results and scent  so much that I still use this product on a now and then basis. The semi solid texture takes a bit of getting used to but once you get the hang of it you’ll love it. The sea salt gently exfoliates your scalp and really gives your hair a deep clean. Some people have commented that Big has dried their hair out, though I’ve certainly not had this problem. When I’ve used this product I’m left with gorgeously scented, soft, shiny and bouncy hair. It really injects some volume and texture into my usually a bit sad looking hair without stripping it of moisture and shine and the scent is so fresh and clean (kinda like mojito cocktails on the beach).
I usually follow with Veganese as it’s one of LUSH’s lighter conditioners, so it helps create that volumizing bouncy effect and its fresh sent compliments Big well. I’ve also found it goes well with American Cream, Coolaulin and Retread too, it all depends on the level of conditioner you prefer.
The best thing is my 330g tub is lasting me ages, as you only need a tiny amount for a fabulous lather and in shower experience, so it’s good value for money. If your hair is in need of some lift and bounce, while keeping it shiny and soft Big is for you!

9 comments:

  1. Awesome Review!!!! :)
    thanks so much Sarah!
    I so want to try Big! I've asked for a sample in my order but I hope they will send some to me :)
    oh but the negative point is that big does strip the colour...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeh but I love it sooooo much i cant bare not to use it now and then lol! Not one to use regularly on coloured hair though. Keep your eyes peeled for some mini reviews on shampoo's, conditioners, and treatments perfect for coloured hair *winks*
    Curly Wurly is another semi solid which is awsome for coloured hair Elodie :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab review Sarah! Not used Big in a while, remember the lovely smell. Thanks for sharing! Becky x (I'd love to see body butter reviews if you have any, they're something I've not really used)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Becky yes i'll do some body butters for you soon. Just working through a couple of requests and i'll add yours to the list :) Are you on FB so i can messege you when theyre up?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry, didn't mean to confuse ya...I'm already on your facebook so you can message me anytime :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely review again :) I am sort of tempted to try Big as so many people have raved about it, but I have quite thick hair and I actually spend most of my time wishing it had a little less volume! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Tara Rehab and Retread are very smoothing if thats what you prefer?? xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ye, I was thinking of trying Retread :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails