Friday 10 September 2010

LUSH review - Crème Anglaise

Requested by Charlie Shaw

Crème Anglaise


Price: £25 /225g

Product category: Hands and Body.

Description: ‘Crème de la crème of body moisturisers’ (LUSH). A thick textured, golden coloured cream for the hands or body. The scent is beautiful and reminds me of cinder toffee with a hint of orange. It contains a luxurious blend of natural butters and oils blended into almond and saffron infusion. LUSH has gone all out on packing some of the finest ingredients available into Crème Anglaise, hence it being their seccond most expensive product.

These ingredients include:

Almond Infusion for its softening and nourishing properties and Saffron Infusion (the world’s most expensive spice btw) gives the cream its golden colour.

Extra Virgin Coconut Oil has moisturising and softening properties and brings a natural balance to the skin; Almond Oil has a high vitamin E content (antioxidant and anti aging properties) and leaves a silky feel on the skin; and finally Sweet Orange Oil which is known for its antiseptic and toning properties.

Cocoa Butter and Shea Butter have softening, moisturising and conditioning properties, leaving skin soft and supple. Shea butter also contains vitamin A and omega-9 which are known to help maintain healthy skin.

How to use: Apply to hands and/or body massaging into the skin well.

The verdict: Out of all of LUSH’s body moisturisers this is definitely the richest. A little goes a long way and it soaks into the skin well (no waiting around before you get dressed). It really does feel like you’re giving your skin a luxurious treat. It eaves my skin really soft, silky and supple and used over time my skin feels firmer and more toned. I’m also in love with the scent; it reminds me of sweet cinder toffee and lasts on the skin most of the day.

Ok so the question on everyone’s lips is, is it worth the £25 price tag??? Well I’ve never bought myself a tub, though I’ve been given one as a gift (lucky me). To be honest as beautiful as it is, in my current position I couldn’t justify spending £25 on a body cream. I think of all the LUSH goodies I could get with that £25 and end up walking away from it every time. In saying this I only have a tiny amount left and I’m very tempted to either use my 10% voucher towards another tub, or ask someone for it as gift, as it does give my skin amazing results every time.

The problem I have with this product is the use saffron. Other than giving the cream a beautiful golden colour, I’m not aware of it actually having any beneficial properties for the skin. I’ve researched this a little and haven’t found anything to suggest otherwise, other than it has been claimed to soften and lighten the skin. Therefore I don’t think this cream would lose any of its effects (with all its other beautiful ingredients), if LUSH left out the saffron, and it would certainly cut the price significantly. If anyone can provide some information to suggest otherwise please feel free to comment, and I’ll edit the post :) (I’m no expert) SEE NOTE BELLOW.

Anyway in saying all of this I believe that this is quite possibly the richest and most beautiful moisturiser I have ever used on my body. A beautifully scented, lovely luxurious treat and you won’t be disappointed with the results. If like me you struggle justifying the price, ask for it as a gift and use as a treat. Some people use it on their upper body only though with its toning effects I can’t help slapping some on my thighs and bum too.

NOTE: 
"Saffron has also anti-bacterial properties on the skin. It's an antioxidant. It's very healthy for the skin. It also supposed to easen the pain"(Alexandra)

9 comments:

  1. This is a great review and I must admit I have looked at this before and not bought it because of the price.
    That is a good point you raised about the use of saffron in it and it would be interesting to find out if saffron is an integral ingriediant or if it could be left out without affecting the end product.
    Can I be picky though?? You said that this is Lush's most expensive product and I immediatly thought of Gorgeous which is quite a lot more. Maybe change the word 'product' for 'lotion'? Sorry for being penickity hun!
    Can't wait to read you Ginger review and there was a lady who had requested body lotion reviews so I will direct her to your blog xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saffron has also anti-bacterial properties on the skin. It's an antioxidant. It's very healthy for the skin. It also supposed to easen the pain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Kerry yes i need to try that :) thanks for the feedback

    @Alexandra oh i will put that in thanks, though i still think it wouldnt alter the effect much due to all the other beautiful ingredients (some of which have similar properties) should they leave it out. Still think it's the best cream i've ever used though x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the review Sarah! Loving the idea of me smelling like cinder toffee, will have to ask for a sample! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you enjoyed it Charlie. I'll be asking for some more requests soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I heart creme anglaise, nom nom nom! I think it probably is over priced but a little goes a long way and the scent is much longer lasting on your skin that most of the other lotions. I love to use it after a marzibain & snowcake bath x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh that sounds lovely Becky. I love marzibain and snow cake! Lovely almondy heaven xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. the mini lush times u get in gifts says its like cinder toffee?when i read that i was tempted although the price is a factor in why i have never bought it before -great review tho hun xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails