Friday 10 September 2010

LUSH review - Trichomania

Requested by Charie Leech

Trichomania (Soon to be discontinued *sobs*
:(


Price: £4.65/100g

Product category: Hair Care - Solid Shampoo

Description: ‘Creamed coconut to condition parched hair’ (LUSH). This is one of LUSH’s many solid shampoos and its creamy white in colour. The scent is very tropical smoky coconut. The main ingredients are creamed coconut which is deeply nourishing and moisturising for the hair and vetivert which is calming and soothing for the scalp and brings smoky notes to the scent. This shampoo is particularly formulated for dry/ processed hair or unruly curls.

How to use: Wet your hair; swipe the bar directly on your wet hair 2-3 times (a little goes a long way); massage the lather into your hair and scalp with your fingertips and rinse well. Apply conditioner if needed.

The verdict: I personally love LUSH’s solid shampoos. They’re great value for money lasting 50-80 washes, contain no packaging (so environmentally friendly) and are great for travelling (with the shampoo bar tins you can purchase).

I colour and straighten my hair so sometimes my hair feels a bit dry, frazzled and in need of some TLC. At times like this I reach for my bar of Trichomania, as it’s the most hydrating and deeply conditioning shampoo I have used. It lathers beautifully and I only need very little conditioner when I have used it. The coconut leaves your hair beautifully scented and really softens and deeply conditions your locks. If I decide to leave my hair curly it helps to define the curls and conquer the frizz. It also goes with most of LUSH’s conditioners (bonus). I tend to use a little bit of Coolaulin (for extra coconutty heaven), Retread or Jungle (fruity tropical scents that go well) or American Cream on my ends. I’m always very impressed with the results; I’m left with beautifully scented silky soft, smooth and shiny hair. The best thing is I get lots of compliments on how great my hair looks, when I’ve used this product (always a good thing).

Those with normal hair would need little or no conditioner and I wouldn’t recommend this one for greasier hair types as it’s would be too heavy and moisturising.

You may also like: Quinquereme Of Nineveh (retro soap); Creamed Almond and Coconut Smootie; Coolaulin (conditioner); Curly Wurly (semi solid shampoo).

7 comments:

  1. Great review of a fab product - I am so sad this is being discontinued. I have such curly hair and this works wonders. Curly Wurly is also good but not as detangling and the coconut is a pest to wash out. I hope they have some left at the end of the month when I get paid so I can stock up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kirsty
    Yeh I agree Curly Wurly is also very conditioning and smells YUMMY :) It is a bit of a pest to rinse out but i'll be resorting to my trusty tub when Trichomania is disconned. Gutted about the temple balms too. I use them a lot and find them really useful :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am hoping to stock up if they have some left when payday comes around. But all these discons are gutting (and also at a inconvenient time.) I was trying to save my Lush pennies for Halloween and Christmas specials but I suppose that is why they are getting rid of them so that there is room for them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me too, i'm so skint being unemployed (due to my back injury), but my stash is dwindling lol. Will prob get another Trichomania, Waving not Drowning (2), Fever and Dreamtime and Whoosh temple balm (1 of each), but i kinda think its pointless going overboard on stocking up big time. Eventually we'll run out for good :( Excited to see what will be replacing them xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww it sucks being skint - but you have to have some treats - I am skint too atm but it is due to the fact we have an evil car that eats money but my husband needs it for work - everything goes wrong with it.

    I am trying not to stash too much, because Lush is fresh and things only last so long. I think I will get two chucks of Trichomania if I get it online because then I get a free shampoo tin. (They'll do this in the shops if you ask but not automatically but it does it automatically online if you buy two chunks. But I am placing an online order anyway as I want a bottle of Smell of Weather Turning.) I bought 3 Bathos today and I will definitely get some smitten before it goes.

    I am hoping they have something good for curly/dry hair coming along to replace it but I can't remember when Curly Wurly came out - maybe it has been preemptively replaced?

    The Badger Sleep Balm smells very like dream time (I have both (got the badger in a present off someone and have been comparing since I heard Dreamtime was being disconned) it's organic and it's not tested on animals. It's also the same price as a Lush balm but a bigger tin. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Badger-Sleep-Balm/dp/B000NRWOVI

    I'd rather have a Lush product of course but that might help when the temple balms are gone.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never tried this one - But I've got a piece on the way from the forum.
    I'm scared I'm going to fall in love, then I'm going to have to buy tonnes of the stuff before it goes.
    Great Review Hunni xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE this shampoo! I think it smells delicious :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails